Add Container Hosts with Full TLS Authentication
If a Docker host or a vSphere Integrated Containers virtual container host (VCH) implements verification of both server and client certificates, you must provide the details of the client certificate when you add the host to a project in the management portal. Connections to the host use HTTPS.
IMPORTANT: You should only register a VCH with one project at a time. Similarly, you should not add the same VCH to projects in multiple instances of vSphere Integrated Containers.
- Obtain the client private key,
key.pem, and client public key,
cert.pem, for the VCH or Docker host from the vSphere or Docker administrator. For information about VCH certificates, see Virtual Container Host Certificate Requirements in vSphere Integrated Containers for vSphere Administrators.
- Log in to vSphere Integrated Containers Management Portal with a vSphere administrator or Management Portal administrator account. For information about logging in to vSphere Integrated Containers Management Portal, see Logging In to the Management Portal.
- Navigate to Administration > Identity Management and click Credentials to configure the certificates to be used for authentication with the host.
- Click +Credential to add new entry.
- In the New Credential dialog box, enter name and click the Certificate radio button.
- In the Public certificate text box, enter the content of the client certificate
cert.pemfile for the VCH or Docker host.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- host_certificate_contents -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- In the Private certificate text box, enter the content of the client certificate
key.pemfile for the VCH or Docker host.
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- host_private_key_contents -----END PRIVATE KEY-----
- Click Save.
- Go to the Home view, click the Project drop-down menu, and select the project to which to add the host.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Container Hosts and click +Host.
On the New Container Host page, configure the host settings.
- Enter name for the host.
- Select VCH or Docker as Host type.
Enter the endpoint for the VCH as URL.
For example, https://hostname:2376.
As Credentials, select the certificates that you configured for that host and click Save.
The host appears on the Container Hosts page for the selected project. You can also see the hosts that you added to a project by navigating to Administration > Projects > project > Infrastructure.