Installing the Photon Management Daemon on a Lightwave Client
After you have installed and configured a domain on Lightwave, and joined a client to the domain, you can install the Photon Management Daemon on that client so that you can remotely manage it.
- Have an installed Lightwave server with configured domain controller on it.
- Have an installed Lightwave client that is joined to the domain.
- Verify that you have 100 MB free for the daemon installation on the client.
- Log in to a machine with installed Lightwave client over SSH as an administrator.
Install the Photon Management Daemon.
# tdnf install pmd -y
Start the Photon Management Daemon.
# systemctl start pmd
Verify that the daemon is in an
# systemctl status pmd
(Optional) In a new console, use
curlto verify that the Photon Management Daemon returns information.
Use the root credentials for the local client to authenticate against the daemon service.
# curl https://<lightwave-client-FQDN>:2081/v1/info -u root
(Optional) Create an administrative user for the Photon Management Daemon for your domain and assign it the domain administrator role.
- In a browser, go to https://*lightwave-server-FQDN*.
- On the Cascade Identity Services page, enter your domain name and click Take me to Lightwave Admin.
- On the Welcome page, enter administrative credentials for your domain and click Login.
- Click Users & Groups and click Add to create a new user.
- On the Add New User page, enter user name, at least one name, password, and click Save.
- Click the Groups tab, select the Administrators group, and click Membership to add the new user to the group.
- On the View Members page, select the user that you created, click Add Member, click Save, and click Cancel to return to the previous page.