Add Hosts with Full TLS Authentication to the Management Portal
Connect hosts that require full TLS authentication over HTTPS by using certificate to authenticate against the host.
Obtain the client private key (key.pem) and client public key (cert.pem) for authentication against the VCH.
- In the management portal, navigate to Resources > Hosts and click Add a host.
- On the Add Host page, configure the certificates to be used for authentication against the host.
- On the right, click Credentials and click Add.
- In the New Credential dialog box, enter name and click the Certificate radio button.
- In the Public certificate text box, enter the content of the cert.pem file.
- In the Private certificate text box, enter the content of the key.pem file.
On the Add Host page, configure the host settings.
Enter the endpoint for the VCH as Address.
For example, https://hostname:2376.
- Select VCH as Host type.
- As Login credential, select the certificates that you configured for that host and click Verify.
- After successful verification, click Add.
The VCH appears on the Hosts page and can be managed.