Assign Projects to a User
You can assign one or more projects to any user from the Platform Services Controller to the vSphere Integrated Containers Management Portal. You assign the same user different roles in different projects.
For more information about working with local users and identity sources in the Platform Services Controller, see the Platform Services Controller Administration Guide in the VMware vSphere documentation.
For more information about users and roles in vSphere Integrated Containers, see vSphere Integrated Containers Roles and Personas.
Log in to vSphere Integrated Containers Management Portal with a vSphere administrator or Management Portal administrator account. For information about logging in to vSphere Integrated Containers Management Portal, see Logging In to the Management Portal.
- Select Administration > Identity Management > Users & Groups.
- In the search box, enter all or part of a user name, email address, or user group name and press Enter.
- Select the check box for a user, and click Assign Project Roles.
- From the left hand drop-down menu, select a project to which to assign the user or group.
- From the right-hand drop-down menu, select a role for the user or group in that project.
(Optional) Click the plus (+) symbol to assign more projects to the same user.
You can assign multiple projects to the same user. The user can have a different role in each project.
The projects that you assigned to the user are listed in the Projects column. You can remove a user from a project by selecting the user, clicking Assign Project Roles, and clicking the minus (-) symbol for a project.
What to Do Next