VCH Deployment Times Out
When you use
vic-machine create to deploy a virtual container host (VCH), the operation times out.
Deployment fails with a timeout error that states that the context deadline has been exceeded.
Failed to power on appliance context deadline exceeded. Exiting... vic-machine-linux failed: Create timed out: if slow connection, increase timeout with --timeout
This error can have different causes:
- The connection between the system on which you are running
vic-machineand vCenter Server is slow. The upload of the ISO files exceeds the default 3 minute timeout.
- The upload of the ISO files succeeds but the VCH fails to obtain an IP address.
- The VCH obtained an IP address, but the VCH service does not start or the VCH cannot connect to the Docker API.
vic-machine --timeoutoption to allow more time for the ISOs to upload.
For example, set
- If the ISO upload succeeds with a longer timeout period but the operation still times out, check the DHCP service to make sure than an IP address is available for the VCH.
- If the DHCP service is working and the operation still times out, see VCH Deployment Fails with an I/O Timeout Error