Install the vSphere Integrated Containers Engine Plug-In on a vCenter Server Appliance by Using a Web Server
If you are running the vCenter Server Appliance, you can use a Web server to host the vSphere Web Client plug-in for vSphere Integrated Containers Engine.
- You deployed at least one virtual container host (VCH) to a vCenter Server Appliance instance.
- You are running a Web server that the vCenter Server Appliance can access.
- If you deployed the VCH to a vCenter Server 6.5 instance, use the Flash-based vSphere Web Client to view the vSphere Web Client plug-in for vSphere Integrated Containers Engine. vSphere Integrated Containers Engine does not currently provide a plug-in for the new HTML5 vSphere Client.
- On the system on which you run
vic-machine, navigate to the folder that contains the
vic-machineutility and open the
- Upload the plug-in bundle to your Web server.
- Open the
vic_unpack_dir/vic/ui/VCSA/configsfile in a text editor.
- Enter the IPv4 address or FQDN of the vCenter Server instance on which to install the plug-in.
- Enter the path to the folder on your Web server that contains the
- (Optional) If you used an HTTPS address in
VIC_UI_HOST_URL, provide the SHA-1 thumbprint of the Web server.
VIC_UI_HOST_THUMBPRINT="thumbprint"NOTE: Use colon delimitation in the thumbprint. Do not use space delimitation.
- Save and close the
(Optional) If you run
vic-machineon a Windows system, open the
vic_unpack_dir/vic/ui/VCSA/install.shfile in a text editor and point
PLUGIN_MANAGER_BINto the Windows UI executable.
if [[ $(echo $OS | grep -i "darwin") ]] ; then PLUGIN_MANAGER_BIN="../../vic-ui-darwin" else PLUGIN_MANAGER_BIN="../../vic-ui-linux"After:
if [[ $(echo $OS | grep -i "darwin") ]] ; then PLUGIN_MANAGER_BIN="../../vic-ui-darwin" else PLUGIN_MANAGER_BIN="../../vic-ui-windows"
Open a command prompt, navigate to
vic_unpack_dir/vic/ui/VCSA, and run the installer.
- Make sure that
install.shis executable by running
chmodbefore you run it.
- On Windows systems, run
install.shin a UNIX shell that supports SSH and SCP, for example Cygwyn or Git Bash. Do not use Windows 10 native Bash.
- Make sure that
- Enter the user name and password for the vCenter Server administrator account.
- When installation finishes, if you are logged into the vSphere Web Client, log out then log back in again.
What to Do Next Check that the deployment has succeeded by following the procedure in Verify the Deployment of the vSphere Integrated Containers Engine Plug-In.