CSE Server Installation Prerequisites
There are several important requirements that must be fulfilled to install CSE successfully on VCD.
- An org.
- A VDC within the org, which
- has an org VDC network connected to an external network (with Internet connectivity). The external network connection is required to enable cluster VMs to download packages during configuration.
- can host vApps
- has sufficient storage to create vApps and publish them as templates.
- Users in the org with privileges necessary to perform operations like configuring AMQP, creating public catalog entries, and managing vApps.
- A good network connectivity between the machine where CSE is installed and the VCD server as well as the Internet. This avoids intermittent failures in OVA upload/download operations.
You can use existing resources from your VCD installation or create new ones. The following sub-sections illustrate how to set up a suitable org + VDC + user from scratch.
Create an Org
Use the UI or vcd-cli to create an org for CSE use.
vcd org create --enabled cse_org_1 'Org for CSE work'
Create a VDC with Attached Network
Next create a VDC that has an org VDC network that can route network traffic from VMs to the Internet. Here are sample vcd-cli commands.
# Switch to org and create VDC under it. vcd org use cse_org_1 vcd vdc create cse_vdc_1 \ --provider-vdc 'Sample-provider-vdc' \ --allocation-model 'AllocationVApp' \ --storage-profile '*' \ --description 'CSE org VDC' # Switch to the new VDC and add an outbound network. It's assumed that the # 'Corporate' external network already exists in VCD. vcd vdc use cse_vdc_1 vcd network direct create CSE_org_vdc_network \ --description 'Internet facing network' \ --parent 'Corporate' \ --shared
CSE Service Account
We recommend using a user with
CSE Service Role for CSE server management.
The role comes with all the VCD rights that CSE needs to function. The role
can be created in System organization using the following command.
cse create-service-role [VCD host fqdn]
The command currently supports only VCD 10.2 and later. The command will raise
an error if invoked against an older VCD build. For older vCD builds a user with
System Administrator role should be used instead to manage CSE.
- The command will prompt for sys admin credentials, and use it to create the Role.
- The command if run more than once will raise an error, since the role already exists. There is nothing to be concerned about this error though.
- The command will fail with cryptic error message if the VCD server is using self signed certificates and -s flag is not specified.