CSE Server Installation Prerequisites
There are several important requirements that must be fulfilled to install CSE successfully on VCD.
- An org.
- A VDC within the org, which
- has an org VDC network connected to an external network (with Internet connectivity). The external network connection is required to enable cluster VMs to download packages during configuration.
- can host vApps
- has sufficient storage to create vApps and publish them as templates.
- Users in the org with privileges necessary to perform operations like configuring AMQP, creating public catalog entries, and managing vApps.
- A good network connectivity between the machine where CSE is installed and the VCD server as well as the Internet. This avoids intermittent failures in OVA upload/download operations.
You can use existing resources from your VCD installation or create new ones. The following sub-sections illustrate how to set up a suitable org + VDC + user from scratch.
Create an Org
Use the UI or vcd-cli to create an org for CSE use.
vcd org create --enabled cse_org_1 'Org for CSE work'
Create a VDC with Attached Network
Next create a VDC that has an org VDC network that can route network traffic from VMs to the Internet. Here are sample vcd-cli commands.
# Switch to org and create VDC under it. vcd org use cse_org_1 vcd vdc create cse_vdc_1 \ --provider-vdc 'Sample-provider-vdc' \ --allocation-model 'AllocationVApp' \ --storage-profile '*' \ --description 'CSE org VDC' # Switch to the new VDC and add an outbound network. It's assumed that the # 'Corporate' external network already exists in VCD. vcd vdc use cse_vdc_1 vcd network direct create CSE_org_vdc_network \ --description 'Internet facing network' \ --parent 'Corporate' \ --shared
We recommend using a VCD System admin account for CSE server management.