What is Harbor
Project Harbor is an enterprise-class registry server that stores and distributes Docker images. Harbor extends the open source Docker Distribution by adding the functionalities usually required by an enterprise, such as security, identity and management. As an enterprise private registry, Harbor offers better performance and security. Having a registry closer to the build and run environment improves the image transfer efficiency. Harbor supports the setup of multiple registries and has images replicated between them. With Harbor, the images are stored within the private registry, keeping the bits and intellectual properties behind the company firewall. In addition, Harbor offers advanced security features, such as user management, access control and activity auditing.
- Role Based Access Control - Users and docker repositories are organized via "projects", a user can have different permission for images under a namespace.
- Image replication - Images can be replicated (synchronized) between multiple registry instances. Great for load balancing, high availability, hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios.
- Graphical user portal - User can easily browse, search docker repositories, manage projects/namespaces.
- AD/LDAP support - Harbor integrates with existing enterprise AD/LDAP for user authentication and management.
- Auditing - All the operations to the repositories are tracked and can be used for auditing purpose.
- Internationalization - Already localized for English, Chinese, German, Japanese and Russian. More languages can be added.
- RESTful API - RESTful APIs are provided for most administrative operations of Harbor. The integration with other management softwares becomes easy.
- Easy deployment - Provide both an online and offline installer. Besides, a virtual appliance for vSphere platform (OVA) is available.
See the Readme for more information.